Health benefits of sesame
When you think of super foods; foods bursting with nutrients, sesame seeds should be on top of the list. In addition to the healthy fat the sesame seed contain, they are also rich in many vitamins and minerals. A handful of sesame seed will go a long way when it comes to helping you meet your daily nutritional needs. Sesame seeds are rich in vitamin A, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and the list goes on and on. When it comes to minerals, you stand to gain calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
With all these nutrients busting of these tiny seeds they have been proven to be
- Great sources of fiber, therefore greatly improving digestion
- Nutritious source of plant protein
- Effective in lower cholesterol therefore boosting the health of your heart.
- Magnesium in sesame seeds have been linked to reduction of blood sugar making management of diabetes easier.
- Great for control of blood pressure
- Supports bone health. Being a source of numerous minerals; with sesame seeds your bone health is more or less taken care of.
- Reduces inflammation thanks to its high content of copper.
- Boost blood cell formation, alleviating anemia
- Rich in antioxidants therefore helping in prevention of cancer
- Boosts the immune system
- Soothes arthritic pain
- Good for the health of your thyroid
- The stress reliving mineral magnesium in sesame seeds helps in reducing anxiety
- Helps in hormonal balance especially when you start experiencing those menopausal symptoms.
- Sesame is a rich source of zinc which is an important compound in the formation of collagen. Collagen is responsible for healthy hair, skin and muscle tissue. Therefore, sesame seed =better hair and skin.
- By swishing some sesame seeds around your mouth you get both antibacterial and astringent effects boosting your oral health.
- Sesamol, a compound in sesame has been associated with protecting the DNA from the harmful effects of radiation. This also goes a long way in protecting consumers from some types of cancers.
- Helps with infertility issues in men
- For those of you who love your bottle of alcohol, making sesame a companion may reduce the impact alcohol consumption has on your liver. If traditional Chinese medicine is anything to go by, a health liver is connected with health eyes so if your liver is taken care of, you eyes will be sorted out as well.
The list of nutritional and health benefits is endless. This goes to show that it is simply a powerhouse and considering how easy it is to include it in your daily diet; you should never miss out on its limitless benefits.